Free original Track

Lights Talks deadmau5 Tour, Dream EDM Collaborator & More

Lights is heading out on tour with deadmau5 and we can’t think of a better support act to accompany him. In a recent interview, she opened up about the upcoming cube v3 tour, her remix set, the digital age of music and her dream collaborator.

Here’s what the Canadian singer-songwriter had to say about her remix set:

“My friend Myth and I built entirely new versions of a handful of my songs plus wicked instrumentals, a mixture of glitchy tropical and future bass style. I’ll be doing live vocals and playing guitar as well, should be pretty epic.”

And more on her NYE show:

“For my set, people can expect 30 minutes of bangers, instrumentals and wicked visuals with some live elements.”

On her music and songwriting:

“I am inspired by hearing good melodies and lyrics that flow and don’t feel like they try too hard. Mostly though I am inspired by interesting production ideas if I hear a bass sound or synth sound or guitar tone that just sits so right I go home and try to replicate it.”

About being an artist in the digital age:

“I do think now more than ever there is cross-over in every genre and we are seeing live instruments at EDM shows and electronic elements in rock shows. It’s a good time to be an artist of any kind of that reason, there are really no rules.”

As for her dream collaborator:

“I am still waiting for REZZ to send me a track.”

In addition, Lights defined the word success as “making a living making art.”

deadmau5 – “Drama Free” ft. Lights

Source: Digital Journal

This article was first published on Your EDM. Source: Lights Talks deadmau5 Tour, Dream EDM Collaborator & More



from EDM News – Your EDM https://ift.tt/2QoMvxh

Magnetic Mag
SUBSCRIBE TO YOUREDM CHANNEL TODAY.

YOUR EDM provides the inside scoop on the EDM industry.
Subscribe and go DEEP inside the electronic scene.



SPONSORS

Try Caviar Food Delivery



Sourced by actual house heads who have supported the EDM scene, music, culture, and vibe collectively for decades Always dedicated to showing love and support for the fellow artists, promoters, and supporters.

Previous
Next Post »