Free original Track

FYF Fest Founder Sean Carlson Accused Of Sexual Misconduct by Four Women

Yesterday we learned Goldenvoice unexpectedly cut ties with FYF Fest founder Sean Carlson — and now the reasoning behind the sudden split is coming to night.

The guy behind Los Angeles’ popular and celebrated FYF Fest has been accused of sexual misconduct by four women. Goldenvoice announced the company would cut ties with Carlson, seemingly after being informed of the allegations against him.

“Effective immediately, Goldenvoice has ended its relationship with Sean Carlson. We’re evaluating our path forward as it relates to FYF Fest,” the statement read.

SPIN was made aware of four alleged incidents dated between 2010 and 2015, in which these women accused Carlson of sexual misconduct, and one case of sexual assault. One inside source referred to Carlson’s behavior toward women as a “open secret” in the L.A. music scene.

“Incident 1” described by Natasha Ryan, “Incident 2” under the name “Beth,” “Incident 3” revealed by “Sarah,” and “Incident 4” written by “Jane” each detail a different story of unwanted touching, kissing, and other forms of sexual misconduct (read the full accounts here).

Sean Carlson’s Statement to Spin

Incident 4 is true. Incident 3 is generally true, but I did not follow the individual into a bathroom. My conduct in both of these incidents was inexcusable.

The descriptions in Incidents 1 and 2 both contain serious misstatements and omissions. However, on both occasions I acted inappropriately and shamefully, and deeply regret my actions.  

I am genuinely, unequivocally sorry. I lay fault at no one’s feet but my own.  I am ashamed by how I acted and feel terrible for the pain that I have caused. Actions speak louder than words.

In December 2015, my years of recklessness and selfishness hit a breaking point; I had to make a promise to family and friends that I would change, or risk finally exhausting what remained of their compassion and support. I gave up alcohol for good, I embraced therapy, and I asked, sincerely, that my family and friends forgive me. Nevertheless, these corrective actions do not excuse my reprehensible conduct, and are small solace to those whose pain I am so sorry to have caused.

Source: SPIN | Photo via FYF Fest/Facebook

This article was first published on Your EDM.
Source: FYF Fest Founder Sean Carlson Accused Of Sexual Misconduct by Four Women



from News – Your EDM http://ift.tt/2hD5FyM

Magnetic Mag
SUBSCRIBE TO YOUREDM CHANNEL TODAY.

YOUR EDM provides the inside scoop on the EDM industry.
Subscribe and go DEEP inside the electronic scene.



SPONSORS

Try Caviar Food Delivery



Sourced by actual house heads who have supported the EDM scene, music, culture, and vibe collectively for decades Always dedicated to showing love and support for the fellow artists, promoters, and supporters.

Previous
Next Post »