Free original Track

Shaq Claps Back At Haters Who Think He’s Just A “Celebrity” DJ

Ahead of a massive summer tour, Shaq caught up with Ebro Darden on Beats 1 to clear up some things. First of all: he is not a celebrity DJ. In fact, Shaq has been behind the decks for over 30 years; but he’s not exactly surprised that people would think of him that way.

“I just give them great music, with the way I put my blends and mixes together, and a lot of people — because they haven’t seen me do it — I guess they think I’m a celebrity DJ, but I’ve been doing it since 1986,” he told listeners. “It’s about having fun and putting on a show for the people.”

His explanation to Darden echoes a response he gave Billboard when announcing his tour last month. “A lot of people think I am just a celebrity DJ, but I’ve been DJing since I was 14 years old, through my LSU days, and even back when I was in the NBA,” he told Billboard. “Over the years my musical influences may have changed, but one thing has always stayed consistent – it’s all about FUN and making people dance. That is what Summer of SHAQ is all about.”

Shaq also revealed during the Beats 1 interview that he recorded a track in the studio with The Notorious B.I.G, but it will never, ever be released.

“I’m the only one with a copy and it’ll never get released because I’ll never do it to him…he went in.”

Hopefully he’ll play it on tour? You can find dates here.

This article was first published on Your EDM. Source: Shaq Claps Back At Haters Who Think He’s Just A “Celebrity” DJ



from EDM News – Your EDM https://ift.tt/2m144l6

Magnetic Mag
SUBSCRIBE TO YOUREDM CHANNEL TODAY.

YOUR EDM provides the inside scoop on the EDM industry.
Subscribe and go DEEP inside the electronic scene.



SPONSORS

Try Caviar Food Delivery



Sourced by actual house heads who have supported the EDM scene, music, culture, and vibe collectively for decades Always dedicated to showing love and support for the fellow artists, promoters, and supporters.

Previous
Next Post »