Free original Track

NGHTMRE Opens Up On The Stresses Of Touring, Announces Work On Debut Album

No one could reasonably see COVID-19 having any positive effects on the music industry, but in the darkness, there are some small benefits. Touring artists, some on the road for 5+ years with hardly a break, are finally getting the rest they need and the chance to sit down and make some new music without distractions. Among them is NGHTMRE, who posted yesterday about the stresses of touring and his debut album.

NGHTMRE estimates he’s done something close to 700 shows over the last five years of touring (140 shows a year, 2.69 shows a week every week, on average). But while he says all the shows have left good memories, they’ve also caused him intense physical and mental exhaustion.

“Especially these last few months I’ve been mentally, physically, and emotionally drained,” he admits. “The hardest thing for me as an artist has always been saying no to shows. I just love the energy and the music and all of you so much. But being on the road that much takes a toll over time.⁣ I haven’t been home with a few weeks off to rest in 5 years!”

As previously mentioned, this time in quarantine will allow artists like NGHTMRE to rest and recuperate, while diving into their creative sides more than ever. For him, that means working on an album.

I am going to write an album. I had decided to do this back in January and had planned some major time off for myself to recover and focus on writing. I’m excited to spend days and nights in the studio and really create a cohesive piece of art for myself and for you guys. ⁣I think the rest and recovery time will really help improve my creative flow.⁣⁣

This will be his debut artist album. NGHTMRE last EP was NGHTMRE, Pt. II in 2017.

View this post on Instagram

It’s been about 5 years since my life completely changed. I went from sitting at home everyday and working on music to living on tour away from home. I’ve done somewhere close to 700 shows over these past years and I can honestly say I have good memories from all of them. ⁣⁣⁣ ⁣⁣⁣ My love for you guys and for the music pushed me to the edge of exhaustion. Especially these last few months I’ve been mentally, physically, and emotionally drained. The hardest thing for me as an artist has always been saying no to shows. I just love the energy and the music and all of you so much. But being on the road that much takes a toll over time.⁣ I haven’t been home with a few weeks off to rest in 5 years! ⁣⁣ ⁣⁣⁣ I am going to write an album. I had decided to do this back in January and had planned some major time off for myself to recover and focus on writing. I’m excited to spend days and nights in the studio and really create a cohesive piece of art for myself and for you guys. ⁣I think the rest and recovery time will really help improve my creative flow.⁣⁣ ⁣⁣⁣ I will still have tons of content and music for you guys. I have a new remix coming out very soon and a tons of collaborations on the way. And of course, with @slanderofficial we will have our label and our weekly radio show! ⁣⁣⁣ ⁣⁣⁣ Grateful for all of you and for my amazing team who had been by me since the beginning. Please stay strong, stay safe, and stay home so we can all get back to doing the things we love with the people we care about. 🔮❤

A post shared by NGHTMRE (@nghtmre) on

This article was first published on Your EDM. Source: NGHTMRE Opens Up On The Stresses Of Touring, Announces Work On Debut Album



from EDM News – Your EDM https://ift.tt/3dox4wy

Magnetic Mag
SUBSCRIBE TO YOUREDM CHANNEL TODAY.

YOUR EDM provides the inside scoop on the EDM industry.
Subscribe and go DEEP inside the electronic scene.



SPONSORS

Try Caviar Food Delivery



Sourced by actual house heads who have supported the EDM scene, music, culture, and vibe collectively for decades Always dedicated to showing love and support for the fellow artists, promoters, and supporters.

Previous
Next Post »