Free original Track

Martin Garrix Reveals His Greatest Musical Inspiration, Ambitions, and How He Stays Grounded

No DJ has done what Martin Garrix has done and at the ripe age of 21 he’s already a wealth of knowledge when it comes to the music industry. Even with headlining the world’s top festivals (i.e. Coachella, Ultra, Tomorrowland), working with the biggest names in music, and finding himself at the top of DJ Mag’s Top 100 DJs list two years in a row — none of this seems to be going to his head.

Ahead of his massive Creamfields Steelyard show set for this weekend, Martin Garrix took time to speak with ticketing company Skiddle about his musical roots, dealing with fame, and how he maintains his focus in this crazy industry. Though he keeps rising higher and higher his feet remain firmly planted on the ground.

Being the #1 DJ in the world doesn’t come without hard work and dedication to the music — and its clear with every answer, Martin Garrix is keeping his focus in check. Here are some of our favorite takeaways from the recent article. Shoutout Skiddle for the awesome interview!

Martin Garrix: “Too Fast To Slow Down”

On the success of Dutch DJs…

Ha! They always say it’s something in the water here. I think we have a big advantage in that the scene’s been very big over here for such a long time. And because our country is pretty small you run into each other a lot. It’s a very friendly scene as well which means that everyone is supportive and willing to help each other out.

On his first musical inspiration…

It might sound a bit boring, but my dad was actually my first and foremost inspiration to start playing music. I grew up with music all around me because of my family, so that is where my love for music started rather than any particular famous musicians.

On staying grounded…

I have amazing people around me like my team, my friends and my family who have known me for such a long time now. They aren’t afraid to speak up and make sure that both my feet stay on the ground.

On ambitions aside from music…

At the moment music is my one and only focus. So my ambitions career wise are all focused right now on music. But I do also enjoy working with young talent on STMPD RCRDS, that nurturing aspect I also enjoy. Helping them just like others have helped me through my career, I guess.

On upcoming releases…

We will be releasing so many amazing tracks on STMPD. There will definitely be a lot of varied artists and various genres coming up. I’m really looking forward to that. And I have a lot of Martin Garrix music which I can’t wait to release either!

 

Source: Skiddle | Photo via Rukes.com

This article was first published on Your EDM.
Source: Martin Garrix Reveals His Greatest Musical Inspiration, Ambitions, and How He Stays Grounded



from News – Your EDM http://ift.tt/2Bf12zV

Magnetic Mag
SUBSCRIBE TO YOUREDM CHANNEL TODAY.

YOUR EDM provides the inside scoop on the EDM industry.
Subscribe and go DEEP inside the electronic scene.



SPONSORS

Try Caviar Food Delivery



Sourced by actual house heads who have supported the EDM scene, music, culture, and vibe collectively for decades Always dedicated to showing love and support for the fellow artists, promoters, and supporters.

Previous
Next Post »